- to introduce Imagination, Intuition and Memory as WoKs
- to consider the interaction between these three WoKs
- to critically consider the validity of the arguments for these 3 WoKs (in terms of existence & knowledge production)
Student Survey or Prezi on Intuition
2. Intuition: student research – how is Intuition different to Emotion ?
You are to produce a 3 minute presentation showing how intuition & emotion are different.
- Pecha Kucha Style (10 slides X 20 seconds / slide, no text on the slides).
- Include academic research / scientific theory. You may want to use the following papers to help you:
Intuition & emotion – the differences
3. Intuition & Memory – what’s the link ? – student debate
Debate motion: Intuition is actually a form of memory, and therefore should not exist as a WoK.
You will be divided into 4 groups:
Grps A vs B, and C vs D. Grps A & C arguing for the motion. B & D arguing against the motion.
2 speeches per team. Each speech of 3 minutes. 1 summary speech for each side.
- Use real life situations (“RLS”) to illustrate your points.
- Use academic research, academic writing, etc to illustrate your points.
- Consider the arguments that the other side will argue, and try to pre-empt these arguments.
- Respond to what the other team have argued.
A few resources to get you started:
Produce a poster on the WoK of imagination.
You will have to present your poster, speaking about it for 2-3 minutes.
Your poster could draw upon any number of the following issues:
- Does imagination exist ?
- What is imagination ?
- How does imagination work with other WoKs ?:
- Intuition & Imagination work together.
- Is imagination important for human development ?
- Why do some people have apparently better imaginations than others ?