Mini Pecha Kucha: Grade 11 / Year 12 Introduction Lesson.
To question current knowledge framework.
Teaching Gain: This is really a ‘getting to know you lesson’.
Give each student one of the following statements (you can be creative as to how you allocate statements):
1. One thing that I used to believe, but no longer do. And why I changed my mind.
2. The moment that I realised that I couldn’t trust my senses.
3. The moment that I realised that justice was just a matter of degrees.
4. The moment that I realised that I didn’t want to know any more, and why.
5. The moment that I realised that I had completely misunderstood the situation.
6. The moment that I realised that I was wrong & the other person was right.
7. I was secretly ashamed that I didn’t want to take responsibility.
8. Why I told a lie.
9. I wasn’t sure whether this was reality.
10. It’s difficult to explain why – but I know that I am right.
Explain to students that they will be presenting a Pecha Kucha to the rest of the group on their statement. The Pecha Kucha is to be
- minimum 2 mins & maximum 3 mins long
- maximum 10 slides
- no words on any slide, only images.
- no reading from notes / cards.
This lesson will help the teacher to get to know their students, it will also lay the ground for both the thinking skills and the presentation skills required later in the course.
Find out more about Pecha Kucha here.